Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Channapatna - Trip 2


Our second trip to Channapatna was on the 22nd of July. Long time ago, I know, but blogging is just not my thing. The task assigned to us was to obtain maximum information using methods from ‘ideo’ cards we discussed earlier that week.
I did see this exercise as rather pointless. In fact I still do, but in hindsight I guess this trip helped us tremendously on our film. So posting late does help liven up your outlook.
Our first exercise was to observe the cultural differences between Neelsandra & Kalanagar. The former being a small village 6km from the town, predominantly hindu & using only hand lathes. The latter was set up by the government for artisans, is predominantly muslim & the use of machine lathes is quiet common. Here are our findings:



I don’t exactly remember the name of this exercise as stated on the ‘ideo’ card, frankly I don’t care either. Anyways, we picked up a set of crayons & a drawing book & headed off to a school in Kalanagar. We decided to ask the local children to draw & observe if we could learn something about them through this activity. through this we came to believe that the children first associated with their home, then their country and after that their surroundings(including toys) and nature.





The analysis of this data is left for you to interpret.

No comments:

Post a Comment